Virat Kohli still unavailable as we look at the updated new squad and players list for the Indian Team for the India vs England 2024 Test series.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Saturday, Feb 10 has officially announced the squad for the remainder of the India vs England 2024 Test series. Unlike the previous 16-member squad, the BCCI has selected a 17-member squad, and has included an additional all-rounder to complement the existing three all-rounders.
To recall, Saurabh Kumar, Washington Sundar, and Sarfaraz Khan were added to the squad in place of Ravindra Jadeja and KL Rahul for the second Test match. Even as KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja have made a comeback, Sundar and Sarfaraz have retained their position in the squad. However, Saurabh Kumar has been left out of the squad to avoid redundancy.
Overall, Rohit Sharma will continue to lead the team with Jasprit Bumrah as his deputy. The team combination has 6 batters, 2 wicket-keepers, 4 all-rounders, and 5 bowlers in the squad. KL Rahul as seen previously will purely play as a batter, and one from Dhurv Jurel and KS Bharat will donn the wicket-keeping duties.
- Shreyas Iyer has been supposedly dropped from the squad after his poor outing in the South Africa Test series and the first two Test from England
- Virat Kohli is still not available due to personal issues, and will miss the remainder of the Test series. The Board of Control for Cricket in India fully respects Kohli’s decision as commented by them.
- The availability of KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja is subject to fitness clearance from the BCCI Medical team.
- Pacer Mohammed Shami is still not available due to injury concerns. Whereas Avesh Khan has been dropped from the squad with Akash Deep replacing him.
India vs England 2024 Latest Final Test Squad List for Indian Team:
Batters: KL Rahul, Rajat Patidar, Rohit Sharma, Sarfaraz Khan, Shubman Gill & Yashasvi Jaiswal
WKs: Dhruv Jurel & KS Bharat
All-rounders: Axar Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin & Washington Sundar
Bowlers: Akash Deep, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj & Mukesh Kumar
Talking about England’s squad, there are no changes as expected. Ben Stokes will continue to lead the team with Ben Foakes as the primary wicket-keeper. Given their rotation policy for the pacers, expect England to play Gus Atkinson or Ollie Robinson for the third Test match. However, given Anderson’s good outing, they may also persist with him.
India vs England 2024 Latest Final Test Squad for England:
Batters: Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Joe Root, Ollie Pope & Zak Crawley
WKs: Ben Foakes & Jonny Bairstow
All-rounders: Ben Stokes & Rehan Ahmed
Bowlers: Gus Atkinson, Jack Leach, James Anderson, Mark Wood, Ollie Robinson, Shoaib Bashir & Tom Hartley
India vs England 2024 Official 3rd, 4th and 5th Test Fixtures:
- 3rd Test – Feb 15-19 @ Rajkot, 9:30 am IST onwards
- 4th Test – Feb 23-27 @ Ranchi, 9:30 am IST onwards
- 5th Test – Mar 7-11 @ Dharamsala, 9:30 am IST onwards
The third Test match begins on February 15, and will be played in Rajkot. To recap, the series is currently leveled at 1-1 with England winning the first Test match, and India winning the second Test match. After Rajkot, the teams will then meet at Ranchi on February 23, and Dharamsala on March 7th. This is the final series before the Indian players head for the Indian Premier League 2024.
Thanks for reading! What’s your take on the final new India vs England 2024 Test series squad? Please share your thoughts to email@example.com
Abhay is an author at AK4TSay1 Cricalytics. He is a veteran in the cricketing field with an experience of more than 40 years. He is here to share some awesome insights for the sport he loves the most, Cricket.